If you are a foodie, you are most definitely a fan of exotic recipes. When you discuss exotic recipes, you cannot overlook India and the spices that define it. A favorite vegetarian ingredient in India is cottage cheese. Indians call it ‘Paneer’. Paneer recipes are remarkably easy to pull off and are succulent enough to make your day.
This recipe has soft pieces of paneer that melt in your mouth marinated in a favorite Indian sauce. It is fitting for a snack and amazing for a day out. Coming all the way from India, here is the Garlic Paneer recipe on your fingertips. Do not forget to share the exotic flavors with everyone.
The time required and other details
Paneer is considered a substantially healthy substitute for meat. This implies that it is very high on nutrition and vegetarians in India survive off it. It takes a total time of about 45 minutes to make Garlic Paneer. Of this, the time for preparation is about 25 minutes. The final yield would contain a total of 107 calories.
The things that would be required
As you know, India is known for its spices. So, there is list filled with a lot of Indian spices that you will need to fulfill in order to make Garlic Paneer. You may have to run to a departmental store nearby for a lot of things in the list given below:
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered red chilies
- ¼ teaspoon of tomato ketchup
- Half teaspoon of ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, refined
- Half teaspoon of powdered garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon of soy sauce
- Half teaspoon of garlic paste
- About a hundred grams of paneer, cut into cubes
While this may look like a lot of spices, the final product is bound to satisfy you with its charm.
The process of cooking
This is a fairly easy snack to make without much effort to be put in. However, we recommend that you strictly follow the pattern of cooking that has been explained below:
- Cut the cottage cheese into pieces of a size that suits you well.
- Grab a bowl and combine powdered garam masala, powdered red chili, salt, soy sauce, tomato sauce, garlic paste and ginger paste.
- Now add the pieces of cottage cheese into this mixture of spices. Toss the contents well until the pieces are properly coated with the spices.
- Place a frying pan on a medium flame and heat cooking oil in it while the cheese is left to marinate.
- Dispose of the excess marinade, chuck the pieces into the pan. Continue to fry until you observe a golden brown color.
- Take the pan off the flame and place in the platter to serve hot.
Enjoy the ethnic flavors of India brought to you in a platter. Garlic Paneer is best savored sizzling hot.
When the flavors are beckoning from oceans apart, you cannot just sit back and relax. Get up and make some Paneer for yourself. Namaste!